SHOP BY STYLE
SHOP BY STYLE
- Fit Advice
BRA FITTING ADVICE
- At Home Comfort[HIDE]ALL ON THE BLOG
Need motivation for your home workouts?
The lead up to Christmas can be hectic... And with summer just around the corner, no doubt you are finding it harder and harder to squeeze in those gym sessions. If there’s anything 2020 has taught us, is that it is possible to get bikini body ready right from the comforts or home. While your own place is super convenient, half the battle is staying motivated and resisting the temptation to relax on the couch. To help build consistent and solid sweat sessions at home, here are 5 essential tips to help motivate and inspire your fitness journey.
1. Schedule it in
Routine is everything! Just as you would schedule a work meeting, its important to schedule in an at-home workout. It could be as simple as taking 20-30 minutes for movement every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning. And if your work arrangements have changed to allow the flexibility to work from home, that’s even better. Use the time that you would normally commute to get pumping!
Remember quality, not quantity. If you are training at the right intensity and pushing yourself, you can get an awesome cardio working done in around 20 minutes. Still need motivation - try to focus on the endorphin rush and how great you will feel after!
2. Go digital and find a fitness app that works for you
What’s key here is finding the right movement activities that you actually enjoy doing. Variety is also important, and thanks to the increasing nature of technology, these are right at your fingertips. Just youtube ‘pilates’, ‘HITT’, ‘Zumba’, ‘boxing’ or ‘yoga’ and you will get a plethora of workout videos that you can get moving too. Transform your phone into a personal trainer with the wide range of workout apps and websites now dedicated to making at-home workouts even easier. We have listed some below to help kick-start your research.
- Joe Wick’s The Body Coach Youtube channel – with over 2.5million subscribers, Joe Wick’s free workouts are certainly a winner! What’s more, they are suitable to everyone, no matter your fitness level.
- Nike Training Club – Choose from strength, cardio, yoga and mobility workouts. Available on iOS and Android
- Daily Burn – offers a huge variety of workouts, including HITT, barre, dumbbell strength training and kickboxing. You can even create your own personalised workout plan. Available on iOS and Android
- 7 Minute workout – if you are short on time, then this app has you covered! What’s better, no equipment is required needed. Available on iOS and Android
- Yoga for Beginners – this app offers beginner friendly yoga workouts - Available on iOS and Android
- Online personal trainers such as Kayla Itsines and Emily Skye provide flexible programs that you can use at home and at the gym, from as little as $0.66 per day. They even offer specialised pregnancy and post-pregnancy programs for new mums.
3. Create your workout space
We get it – your home is not a gym! You might even flat share and be quite tight on space. But as long as you can stretch your arms out without touching the wall, you will be fine. Think about what space you have (it may be a basement, patio or living room) or how you can manipulate the furniture (ie the coffee table) in order to do those yoga moves. If you are planning on working out first thing in the morning, you may want to set up your space the night before so there’s no barriers or excuses when the time comes. Your available space can also impact the kind of exercise you are able to do, so plan carefully.
4. Dress the part
One way to feel work-out ready is to ensure you dress the part. Invest in good quality trainers, some bright and colourful athletic wear and a supportive and comfortable sports bra. It’s not hard to imagine that breast discomfort when moving affects women’s workout motivation, so it’s important to invest in a high-quality sports bra that’s tried and tested. Opting for a high intense workout? Try the Triaction by Triumph Control Lite Minimiser sports bra, offering up to 78% bounce control. Scheduled in a stretching or yoga session? Then the Triaction by Triumph Wellness Wirefree bra will be your best friend.
Depending on your workout style, you may also look to invest in some training equipment, such as resistance bands, a skipping rope, dumbbells, or kettlebells. Check out Kmart for some inexpensive options
5. Reward Yourself
It can’t be all work and no play! Using small rewards can help persuade and find the extra motivation you need to work out at home. It may be as simple as a glass of wine with your dinner (have you seen the wine bottle workout craze) a chocolate treat, or a new pair of working tights – remember, balance is always key.
Stay up to date & receive $10 off your first purchase. Plus more! T&Cs apply.
- Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.
Please use WELCOME at the checkout to receive $10 off.
Minimum spend is $75.
Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. T&Cs apply.
SIGN UP NOW AND RECEIVE
- $10 OFF YOUR ORDER*
- EXCLUSIVE OFFERS
PLUS MORE!*for orders over $75
THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING
Here is your one-time use code:
Minimum spend $75
You will receive an email confirmation shortly.
You will now be the first to hear about new collections and special offers.
We hope you FIND THE ONE!